So, one of the recipes from Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution book is homemade granola. I happened to have the ingredients on hand last week so I made up a batch. It's so simple and good for you.
How to make it:
- Pour 2 cups of old fashioned or quick oats (not instant) into a sheet cake pan.
- Add 1 cup of nuts. I used walnuts, almonds, and pecans.
- Add 1 cup of seeds. I used sesame, poppy, and sunflower.
- Add cinnamon (or other similar spice).
- Mix it all up.
- Drizzle about 3 TBSP olive oil and 5 TBSP honey (or real maple syrup) over mixture. Stir well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Every 5 minutes, stir and flatten mixture.
- When finished, add 1 cup of chopped, dried fruit. I've used dates and currants.
- Store in air-tight container and eat with milk, yogurt, or ice-cream.
It's delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment